1. Complete the sentences with the words below. Mind the form of the words challenge, to monitor, to preserve, to replenish, to merge, to enhance, sustainability
1) …. is a process which tells of a development of all aspects of human life.
2) We must … natural resources for future generations.
3) Three small companies … into a large one.
4) The technology of production will … the resource base.
5) Reducing unemployment will be the main … for the new government.
6) When natural resources are used too fast they can’t be … .
2. Using a dictionary complete the table.
3. Make nouns from the following verbs
4. Form meaningful word combinations using the words from both columns and translate them into Russian.
|sustainable finite equitable reviving to further to enhance irreversible||growth rights resources process forestry progress the case of peace|
1. Read the text with the focus on the following points:
- a growing interest in sustainable development in the temporary world;
- the concern of European countries for sustainable forestry in the 18th and
- the meaning of the word “development in the context of sustainable