To organize properly; to tidy the flat up; to complain; to cope on; to air the room; to make ones bed; to get ready with his homework; to arrange a meeting with his friends; to prefer to be out of town, to enjoy the beautiful views of the countryside; to advise; to be tired of something; He wished he had a weak-end.; after graduating from the University.
Find in the text English equivalents to the following words and phrases.
Иметь единственный выходной; как вы можете догадаться; должным образом, как следует; торопиться, просыпаться, будить; жаловаться; справляться с чем-либо; делать зарядку; приготовить уроки; организовать встречу с друзьями; решать что-либо делать; наслаждаться, получать удовольствие; собирать грибы и ягоды; проводить время; советовать; брать несколько уроков; шумная компания; предпочитать; слушать; собираться вместе.
Replace the words in brackets with the corresponding English words and phrases.
12. (Как вы можете догадаться) Vladimir also has the only day off and I want (рассказать о) his day off.
13. (Ему нравиться) Sundays very much.
14. He needn't (никуда спешить) and he may go (куда) he likes after his week's work.
15. On Sunday his mothers (будит) him with a nice cup of coffee (позже, чем обычно).
16. His sister (убирает квартиру) complaining that she has to (справляться сама)
17. (Как только) he gets up, he (проветривает) the room, (заправляет) his bed and (делает зарядку).
18. (Еще 2 часа, чтобы приготовить уроки) and he is free.
19. Нe makes a couple of phone calls (чтобы организовать встречу с друзьями.)
20. If the weather (хорошая) he (предпочитает) to be out of town just to enjoy the beautiful view of the countryside.
21. As (у них мало денег) they treat themselves to some tea and coffee.
22. Sometimes (ему надоедают) bars, noisy companies and sleepless nights.
23. If it (происходит), he prefers (читать, смотреть телевизор или слушать музыку).
24. (Вечером) all the members of his family (собираются вместе).
Complete the following sentences using the information from the text.
25. Vladimir also has the only …
26. He likes Sundays … and this is the only day which he can …
27. On Sunday his mothers ….
28. As soon as he gets up, he …, … and ….
29. Two more hours for getting ready with … and he is …
30. Then he has some … and … to arrange …
31. After that he goes to …
32. When he wakes up, he … and they …
33. If the weather is fine he …
34. In autumn he … in winter he ...
35. Sometimes he is …
36. …, he prefers to be in watching TV, listening to music, reading books, just speaking over the phone or playing computer games.
37. … all the members of his family get together.
38. They have …
39. He enjoys …
Read the following statements and express your agreement or disagreement. When you disagree give the correct information.
To express your agreement use such expressions as:
I think, that exactly so; How right you are; Speaking frankly, you are quite right; Exactly, just so; I quite agree with you/ I fully agree with you/ I cant agree more; That is my opinion too; That is very true; etc
To express your disagreement use such expressions as:
I am afraid you are wrong/mistaken/ not quite right; noting of the kind; it is unlikely; it is doubtful; I don’t think you are right; Well I think that’s not so; Are you sure?; That’s your opinion, not mine; I don’t believe that; etc
To give the correct information and to express your opinion uses such expressions as:
I think/ suppose/ believe/ consider/ feel/ guess; in my opinion; from my point of view; Frankly speaking; as far as I understand; the matter/ the problem/ trouble is that; etc
40. He has to hurry to the university and he doesn’t have an opportunity to go wherever he likes after his week's work.
41. On Sunday his sister wakes up him with a nice cup of coffee later than usual.
42. While his sister reads morning newspapers he tidies the flat up complaining that he has to cope on his own.
43. As soon as he gets up, he airs the room, makes his bed and does morning exercises.
44. He has breakfast but he doesn’t clear away the dishes and doesn’t wash up.
45. Two more hours for getting ready with his homework and he goes to sleep again.
46. When he wakes up, he reads books.
47. If the weather is fine he prefers to be out of town just to enjoy the beautiful view of the countryside.
48. He spends the whole evening at home.
49. He is never tired of bars, noisy companies and sleepless nights.
50. In the evening all the members of his family get together they always argue and quarrel.
Answer the questions using information from the text and compare them with the given answers. Work in pairs.
|What does Vladimir like?||He likes Sundays very much.|
|Who wakes him up in the morning?||On Sunday his mother wakes up him with a nice cup of coffee later than usual.|
|What does his sister do, while he reads morning newspapers?||While he reads morning newspapers his sister tidies the flat up complaining that she has to cope on her own.|
|What does he do when he gets up?||As soon as he gets up, he airs the room, makes his bed and does morning exercises.|
|What does he do after breakfast?||After breakfast he clears away the dishes and washes up. Two more hours for getting ready with his homework and he is free.|
|Why does he phone his friends after supper?||He makes a couple of phone calls to arrange a meeting with his friends.|
|What does he prefer to do if the weather is fine?||If the weather is fine he prefers to be out of town just to enjoy the beautiful view of the countryside: in autumn to pick up mushrooms and buries, in winter to ski.|
|Why do they usually treat themselves to tea or coffee?||As they are short of money they treat themselves to some tea and coffee.|
|Why doesn’t Vladimir dance at a disco?||Vladimir doesn’t dance well, when everybody dances, he sits and looks miserable.|
|What does he do if he is tired of bars, noisy companies and sleepless nights?||If it happens, he prefers to be in watching TV, listening to music, reading books, just speaking over the phone or playing computer games.|
|What do all the members of his family do when they meet together?||In the evening when all the members of his family get together, they have supper, make plans for tomorrow, and argue about the latest events at home and abroad. Sometimes they receive guests at their place.|