ПО УСТНОЙ РЕЧИ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
УЧЕБНОЕ ПОСОБИЕ ДЛЯ СТУДЕНТОВ-МЕДИКОВ
Тема 1. Студент-медик о себе
THE MEDICAL STUDENT ABOUT HIMSELF
Задание 1. Выучите следующие слова и словосочетания. Повторяйте их за диктором:
1. to be born родиться
2. secondary school средняя школа
3. General State Examinations единые государственные
4. successfully успешно
5. to enter поступать
6. the General Medicine Faculty лечебный факультет
7. the Faculty of Dentistry стоматологический
8. the Faculty of Pediatrics педиатрический факультет
9. the Faculty of Humanities and факультет гуманитарного Medical-Biological Education и медико-биологического
10. good-looking красивый, миловидный
11. to be clever with иметь умелые руки
12. to be handy with smth. уметь делать что-либо
13. upbringing воспитание
14. to run the house вести хозяйство
15. accountant бухгалтер
16. joint venture company совместное предприятие
17. fair-haired светловолосый
18. even-tempered уравновешенный
19. to be in a good mood быть в хорошем
20. to be deeply attached to smb. быть сильно привязанным
21. to get on well быть в хороших
отношениях, ладить друг
22. household duties домашние обязанности
23. to be married быть замужем (женатым)
Задание 2. Прослушайте текст. Постарайтесь понять его содержание.
THE MEDICAL STUDENT ABOUT HIMSELF My name is …. I was born in … in Stavropol. I am … years old.
This year I finished the secondary school. From earliest schooldays I had dreamed to become a doctor. This year I passed the General State Examinations successfully and entered the General Medicine Faculty of the Stavropol State Medical Academy. Now I’m a first-year student of the Academy.
I want to tell you a few words about my family. My family is large. I have got a mother, a father, a sister, a brother and a grandmother. My mother is a pediatrician. She works at a clinic. She is a good-looking woman with brown hair. She is forty-four but she looks much younger. My mother keeps house and takes care of me, my brother and my father. She is very good at cooking and is clever with her hands. My father and I try to help her with the housework. I wash the dishes, go shopping and tidy our flat.
My father is a computer programmer. He is a broad-shouldered, tall man with fair hair and grey eyes. He is forty-six. He is also handy with many things. When we are at home and have some free time, we watch video or football matches together.
My parents have been married for twenty-six years. They have much in common, but they have different views on music, books, films, and sports. But they have the same opinion about my education and upbringing.
My grandmother is a pensioner. She lives with us and helps to run the house.
My sister Helen is twenty-three. She is married and has a family of her own. She works as an accountant at a joint venture company. Her husband is a lawyer. They have a son. They live not far from us.
My brother Alex is fifteen. He is a schoolboy. He wants to become an economist, but he is not sure yet. And some words about me. I’m tall, fair-haired and even-tempered. I always try to be in a good mood.
We have a lot of relatives. We are deeply attached to each other and we get on very well.