1. Both Ethernet technology and Wi-Fi standards require wireless access.
2. Ethernet simultaneously broadcasts data packets to all network devises.
3. Ethernet technology transmits data over fiber-optic and twisted-pair cables arranged in a ring topology.
4. Wi-Fi, unlike Ethernet, is not popular with the users.
5. Bluetooth as well as Wi-Fi is used to connect a collection of workstations.
Find the words with an opposite meaning in the text.
|1) disorganize; 2) wired; 3) obsolete; 4) subtract; 5) receive; 6) separate; 7) detach|
Complete the sentences using active vocabulary.
1. Each connection point on a network is referred to as … .
2. Workstations and other devices that connect to an Ethernet require Ethernet … .
3. This … minimizes cabling, but failure of any devise can take down the entire network.
4. The most commonly used … is a router.
5. Today, the term “Ethernet” refers to a family of LAN technologies that offer various date … rates over fiber-optic and twisted-pair cables arranged in a bus or star topology.
6. … networks are especially desirable for notebook and tables computers.
Read the sentences translating the Russian fragments unto English.
1. Ethernet simultaneously broadcasts (пакет данных) to all network devices.
2. These cables (соединяют) workstations and peripherals to a central connection called an Ethernet hub.
3. (Как в случае с проводной сетью) Ethernet, every workstation and network peripheral requires interface circuitry.
4. A Wi-Fi carol (включает) a transmitter, receiver, and antenna to transmit signals.
5. (В отличие от) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth is not typically used to connect a collection of workstation.
Answer the questions.
1. What are the current LAN standards?
2. How does Ethernet work?
3. What equipment is required for a home Ethernet?
4. What is Wi-Fi and the equipment it requires?
5. Are there any alternative wireless networking technologies available?
Speak on the following topics.
1. Ways of reduсing costs by sharing networked hardware and software.
2. Similarities and differences of numerous types of networks.
3. Different types of network topologies and the advantages of each of them.
4. The current LAN technologies.
Св. план 2012, поз. 72
ПО РАЗВИТИЮ НАВЫКОВ ЧТЕНИЯ И ГОВОРЕНИЯ
НА АНГЛИЙСКОМ ЯЗЫКЕ ДЛЯ СТУДЕНТОВ ФИТиУ
ВСЕХ ФОРМ ОБУЧЕНИЯ