1. What is the difference between the menu for the dining-room and room service?
2. What hotels are especially interested in having snack bars?
3. What does a number of hotel workers depend on?
4. What is the function of small kitchens and pantries located on each floor of the hotel?
5. How do many hotels solve the problem of orders for ice and soft drinks?
III. Заполните пропуски предложенными словами и словосочетаниями
keep on hand adhere to the standards of hospitability and courtesy to fill in a slip the dining rooms personnel
1. If you want to order breakfast before going to bed all you need is … and leave it behind the door.
2. It’s necessary for restaurants and bars to … many different items … .
3. Some employees such as the dining room and room service … are invisible to guests but their work is essential.
4. Sometimes the menu for room service is the same as one for … .
5. It goes without saying that all the hotel personnel must … even if they rarely contact with the hotel guests.
IV. Пользуясь содержанием текста, опровергните или подтвердите следующие утверждения
1. All the hotels can provide meals and drinks in the guests’ room if they are ordered by telephone.
2. In most hotels the room service finishes its work at the same time as the kitchen does.
3. The number of kitchens in the hotel depends on the number of restaurants.
4. The snack bar is independent from the hotel kitchen.
5. It is possible to order sandwiches late at night because some hotels have small kitchens or pantries for preparing food.
TEXT 9. TOURIST ATTRACTIONS AND ENTERTAINMENT