Авиадвигателестроения Административное право Административное право Беларусии Алгебра Архитектура Безопасность жизнедеятельности Введение в профессию «психолог» Введение в экономику культуры Высшая математика Геология Геоморфология Гидрология и гидрометрии Гидросистемы и гидромашины История Украины Культурология Культурология Логика Маркетинг Машиностроение Медицинская психология Менеджмент Металлы и сварка Методы и средства измерений электрических величин Мировая экономика Начертательная геометрия Основы экономической теории Охрана труда Пожарная тактика Процессы и структуры мышления Профессиональная психология Психология Психология менеджмента Современные фундаментальные и прикладные исследования в приборостроении Социальная психология Социально-философская проблематика Социология Статистика Теоретические основы информатики Теория автоматического регулирования Теория вероятности Транспортное право Туроператор Уголовное право Уголовный процесс Управление современным производством Физика Физические явления Философия Холодильные установки Экология Экономика История экономики Основы экономики Экономика предприятия Экономическая история Экономическая теория Экономический анализ Развитие экономики ЕС Чрезвычайные ситуации ВКонтакте Одноклассники Мой Мир Фейсбук LiveJournal Instagram
Факультета политических наук и социологии
I. Read the text and choose the right answer to the questions below.
The Open University
The Open University is the most recently established university in Great Britain. It was set up in 1969 for those people who missed the chance of going to an ordinary university. The university differs from other universities in that its students work in full time jobs and can study only in their free time by means of distance teaching materials, through correspondence and broadcasting. Students study about ten hours a week and they do a lot of watching and listening to the weekly lectures through different communication systems.
As the university is really ´´open´´ neither formal entrance examinations, nor qualifications are required at undergraduate level. Students are admitted on a ´´first came, first served´´ basis. Each student gets the help of his own tutor who he meets regularly.
The university has some faculties and three programmes of study-undergraduate, associate and postgraduate. The Bachelor of Art degree is built up on a credit system. Student’s final mark is based on the exams in October and on the written assignments during the year.
It takes six or eight years of study at the usual speed of course.
1. How does the Open University differ from ordinary universities?
a) people study independently and only pass exams;
b) they study by correspondence;
c) they get the Master degree in some 3-4 years.
2. How can people be admitted to the Open University?
a) Through competitive system;
b) they take entrance exams;
c) on the basis of ´´first came, first served´´.
3. Who helps the students of the open University in their study?
a) lecturers b) tutors c) dons
4. How many years do students study at the Open University?
a) 3-4 years b) 5-6 years c) 6-8 years
5.What degree can a graduate of the Open University get?
a) Bachelor of Arts b) Master of Arts c) Doctor of Arts.
II. Choose the correct answer:
1.This morning I had …apple and some toasts for breakfast.
a) a b) the
c) an d) –
2.In the south … very hot in summer.
a) is it b) there is
c) is d) it is
3.Unemployment among young people …constantly.
a) has increased b) had increased
c) is increasing d) increased
4. …any furniture in the room?
a) Are there b) There is
c) Is there d) There are
5. What’s the news? You look happy. …good?
a) Are they b) Is it
c) There are d) Are there
6. Life is much …and more convenient now.
a) easier b) more easier
c) easiest a) most easiest
7.In winter the water … and people can walk across the ice and snow.
a) is freezing b) freezes
c) freeze d) was freezing
8. I … video games for two years.
a) collected b) was collecting
c) have been collecting d) am collecting
9. My sister …a first-year student.
a) is b) has
c) does d) gets
10. I … stay home on my day off.
a) recently b) yesterday
c) always d) next month
11. In winter … much snow in England.
a) isn’t b) it isn’t
c) there isn’t d) doesn’t
12. Jane … piano lessons since last June.
a) is taking b) has been taking
c) takes d) has taken
13. She speaks English … than Jane does.
a) worse b) worst
c) the worst d) badly
14. The information is top secret, so naturally, everybody is interested in …
a) them b) they
c) it d) their
15. They looked …each other in surprise.
a) with b) after
c) at d) for
16. What … he do for a living?
a) do b) is
c) are d) does
17. A typist is someone who … letters and reports.
a) types b) type
c) is typing d) are typing
18. The meeting is … held on the first Monday of the month.
It never changes.
a) sometimes b) always
c) often d) usually
19. John skipped his class as he didn’t want to … the test.
a) take b) pass
c) examine d) check
20. Tom usually …football.
a) is playing b) plays
c) has played d) has been playing
21. What…your parents’ address?
a) are b) is
c) has d) does
22. I ...(not) interested in English at all..
a) do b) am
c) did d) is
23. Mag and her sister ... live in Rome.
a) aren’t b) doesn’t
c) don’t d) isn’t
24. I don’t know Spanish, but I (learn) it now.
a) learn b) am learning
c) have learnt d) have been learning
25. Usually I (have coffee) in the morning, but now I (drink) tea.
a) am having coffee a) drink
b) have coffee b) am drinking
26. Diana (come) to the party tomorrow?
a) do b) has
c) shall d) will
27.There is somebody at the door. – I … open..
a) will b) am going to
28. We generally have lunch at 12.30, but yesterday we (have) lunch later.
a) were having b) had been having
c) has d) had
29. The weather is nice today, but it (be) bad yesterday.
a) were b) was
c) has been d) had been
30. We rarely watch television, but last week we (watch) a lot of interesting programmes.
a) were watching b) was watching
c) watched d) had been watching
31. … you ever (be) to Italy?
a) Have…been b) Did…be
c) Do… be d) Had…been
32. They already (inform) me about the accident.
a) has informed b) have informed
c) informed d) have been informing
33. How long you (sit) here?
a) have you been sitting b) do you sit
c) are you sitting d) have you sat
34. London is … than New York.
a) more old b) oldest
c) more older d) older
35. I met my (good) friend yesterday.
a) better b) best
c) goodest d) more good
1. John lives in London. …an English boy.
a) He’s b) She’s c) It’s d) I’m
2. I’m sorry. I… understand you.
a) no b) not c) doesn’t d) don’t
3. I speak English. What language…?
a) you speak b) do you speak c) speak you d) does you speak
4. “Where is Peter now?” “He … in Paris.”
a) work b) is working c) working d) are working
5. “Why …your dinner?” “Because I don’t like it.”
a) you not eat b) eat you not c) aren’t you eating d) you’re not eating
6. Next month we … our car.
a) is selling b) are sell c) are selling d) shall selling
7.”Go to the National Gallery.” “I …there yesterday.”
a) go b) going c) went d) gone
8.”What…?” “They wanted some chocolate.”
a) they wanted b) wanted they c) were they want d) did they want
9. When I saw her she… to Michael.
a) talked b) was talking c) did talk d) talk
10. “Did you understand that?” “No, I…very well.”
a) was not understanding b) did not it understand c) did not understood it
d) did not understand it
11. George… the tickets and now he wants the money.
a) has already bought b) has already buy c) already bought d) will already buy
12. “… your homework yet?”
a) Weren’t you finished b) Haven’t you finished c) Didn’t you finish
d) You haven’t finished
13. Mr. and Mrs. Brown… to Germany.
a) never have be b) has never been c) have never been d) did never be
14. They… so much they went to sleep in the garden.
a) were eating b) had eaten c) eat d) have eaten
15. ”Where have you been?” “We …here for you for an hour.”
a) had waited b) wait c) was waiting d) have been waiting
16. The book…in 1936.
a) is written b) was written c) has written d) wrote
17. These cakes…
a) was just made by Jane b) by Jane was just been made
c) have just been made from Jane d) have just been made by Jane
18. …television tonight?
a) Go you to watch b) Watch you c) Are you going to watch d) Go you to watching
19. “Why can’t you come tomorrow?” “… free?”
a) Shall you not be b) Won’t you be c) Won’t you being d) Aren’t you being
20. Tea will be ready when David… home.
a) will get b) gets to c) shall get d) gets
21. If you eat too much, you…ill.
a) will be b) shall be c) are being d) will been
22. Steve’s off to China, …?
a) has he b) isn’t he c) hasn’t he d) was he
23. Learning a computer language is not the same…learning a real language.
a) as b) than c) like d) that
24. To my mind the government… take care of old people.
a) ought b) need to c) must d) may
25. “Who’s coming with me?” “…”
a) I am b) I do c) I’m d) I’ll
26.”Must I go ther by train?” “No,…”
a) you needn’t b) you mustn’t c) you don’t d) you don’t go
27. I’m late,…?
a) am not I b) amn’t I c) aren’t I d) wasn’t I
28. “What was that?” “I didn’t hear…”
a)none b) something c) nothing d) anything
29. How… sweets have you got left?
a) many b) little c) much d) any
30. These pens are red. They’re…
a) pens red b) red pens c) reds pens d) red pen
31. This isn’t your book. It’s… book.
a) me b) mine c) my d) I
32.Anna’s got two watches. The watches are…
a) her b) hers c) she d) she’s
33. That coat belongs to Stephen. It’s…
a) Stephen’s coat b) Stephen coat c) The coat of Stephen d) Stephen’s the coat
34. I’m not as tall as you. You are…I am.
a) taller as b) taller than c) more tall as d) more taller than
35. My brother is 18 and I am 14. He is…
a)elder than me b) elder than I am c) as old as me d) older than I am
36. The train leaves… the morning
a) to 6 o’clock In b) at 6 o’clock in c) at 6 o’clock of d) to 6 o’clock of
37.I have not been to England… ten years.
a) for b) since c) from d) during
38. He started learning English ages…
a) since b) ago c) before d) yet
39. My French is very good. I speak French…
a) good b) well c) goodly d) badly
40.Would you speak… please?
a) clearer b) more clearly c) more clearer d) clearlier
41. The lady… you were talking to is my wife.
a) which b) she c) whom d) who
42. Come for dinner, and… your friend too.
a) take b) get c) carry d) bring
43. I think you had better… and see them.
a) to go b) going c) go d) be going
44. My sister… on my birthday.
a) to me gave a book b) gave me a book c) gave a book me
d) gave to me a book
45. Why don’t you…?
a) ask him help you b) ask him to help c) ask him to help you
d) ask him helping you
46. “Has the postman been yet?” “No, …”
a) he comes always late b) he always comes late c) comes he late always
d)is coming late always
47. Is there anything worth…in this magazine?
a) to read b) read c) reading d) reads
48. I… get up early on Monday.
a) am able b) have to c) must d) may
49. Harry is looking… a job. He wants to work in a hotel.
a) about b) on c) for d) of
50.Nobody answers the phone. They… be out.
a) should b) would c) can d) must
Не нашли то, что искали? Воспользуйтесь поиском:
Лучшие изречения: Учись учиться, не учась! 9885 - | 7645 - или читать все...