double arrow

Зимний дворец


Winter Palace

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For other uses, see Winter Palace (disambiguation).

The Winter Palace, from Palace Square. The onion dome of the palace's grand church is visible above the right of the Baroque façade.

The Winter Palace (Russian: Зи́мний дворе́ц;IPA: [ˈzʲimnʲɪj dvɐˈrʲɛts]) in Saint Petersburg, Russia, was, from 1732 to 1917, the official residence of theRussian monarchs. Situated between the Palace Embankment and the Palace Square, adjacent to the site of Peter the Great's original Winter Palace, the present and fourth Winter Palace was built and altered almost continuously between the late 1730s and 1837, when it was severely damaged by fire and immediately rebuilt.[1] The alleged storming of the palace in 1917 as depicted in Soviet paintings andEisenstein's 1927 film October became an iconic symbol of the Russian Revolution.

The palace was constructed on a monumental scale that was intended to reflect the might and power of Imperial Russia. From the palace, the Tsar[2] ruled over 22,400,000 square kilometres (8,600,000 sq mi) (almost 1/6 of the Earth's landmass) and over 125 million subjects by the end of the 19th century. It was designed by many architects, most notably Bartolomeo Rastrelli, in what came to be known as the Elizabethan Baroque style. The green-and-white palace has the shape of an elongated rectangle, and its principal façade is 250 m long and 100 ft (30 m) high. The Winter Palace has been calculated to contain 1,786 doors, 1,945 windows, 1,500 rooms and 117 staircases. The rebuilding of 1837 left the exterior unchanged, but large parts of the interior were redesigned in a variety of tastes and styles, leading the palace to be described as a "19th-century palace inspired by a model in Rococo style."[3]

In 1905, the Bloody Sunday massacre occurred when demonstrators marched toward the Winter Palace, but by this time the Imperial Family had chosen to live in the more secure and secluded Alexander Palace at Tsarskoe Selo, and returned to the Winter Palace only for the most formal and rarest state occasions. Following the February Revolution of 1917, the palace was for a short time the seat of the Russian Provisional Government, led by Alexander Kerensky. Later that same year, the palace was stormed by a detachment ofRed Army soldiers and sailors—a defining moment in the birth of the Soviet state. On a less glorious note, the month-long looting of the palace's wine cellars during this troubled period led to what has been described as "the greatest hangover in history". Today, the restored palace forms part of the complex of buildings housing the Hermitage Museum.

[править]

Материал из Википедии — свободной энциклопедии

Текущая версия страницы пока не проверялась опытными участниками и может значительно отличаться от версии, проверенной 19 июня 2012; проверки требуют 15 правок.

У этого термина существуют и другие значения, см. Зимний дворец (значения).

Дворец
Зимний дворец
  Вид на Зимний Дворец со стороны Адмиралтейства
Страна Россия
Город Санкт-Петербург,Дворцовая площадь
Архитектурный стиль Елизаветинское Барокко
Автор проекта Франческо Растрелли
Основатель Елизавета Петровна
Дата основания 1754 год
Строительство 1757—1762 годы
Основные даты: 1839 — Восстановлен после пожара
Статус Объект культурного наследия РФ№ 7810514003
Сайт Официальный сайт
Зимний дворец на Викискладе

Координаты: 59°56′25″ с. ш. 30°18′50″ в. д. (G) (O) (Я)
Показать географическую карту

Зимний дворец в Санкт-Петербурге (Дворцовая площадь, 2 / Дворцовая набережная, 38) — бывший императорский дворец, в настоящее время входит в состав главного музейного комплекса Государственного Эрмитажа. Нынешнее здание дворца (пятое) построено в 1754—1762 годах итальянским архитектором Б. Ф. Растрелли в стиле пышногоелизаветинского барокко с элементами французского рококо в интерьерах. Является объектом культурного наследия федерального значения иобъектом всемирного наследия ЮНЕСКО в составе исторического центраСанкт-Петербурга.

С момента окончания строительства в 1762 году по 1904 годиспользовался в качестве официальной зимней резиденции российских императоров. В 1904 году Николай II перенёс постоянную резиденцию вАлександровский дворец в Царском Селе. С октября 1915 года до ноября1917 года во дворце работал госпиталь имени цесаревича Алексея Николаевича. С июля по ноябрь 1917 года во дворце размещалосьВременное правительство. В январе 1920 года во дворце открыт Государственный музей революции, разделявший здание сГосударственным Эрмитажем вплоть до 1941 года.

Зимний дворец и Дворцовая площадь образуют красивейшийархитектурный ансамбль современного города и являются одним из главных объектов внутрироссийского и международного туризма.


Сейчас читают про: