Future Simple употребляется для выражения фактов, отдельных действий, обычных, регулярно повторяющихся, последовательных действий в будущем. Часто сопровождается такими словами: in 2003, on Sunday, in a day/month (через день/месяц), next week/year (на следующей неделе; в будущем году) и т.п.
He will finish his work next week. Он закончит свою работу на следующей неделе.
Exercise 3. Translate.
1. I’ll see them tomorrow. 2. He will work in the library next year. 3. Will you translate this article next week? 4. We’ll take exam in English next term. 5. She will go to the country on Sunday. 6. He will make a report about Queen’s working day next lesson. 7. I am afraid, we’ll be late. Try to be in time. 8. Will you go to the camp next week? Yes, we will. We’ll live in tents there. We’ll live in camp long. 9. Don’t miss this lecture. The theme will be very interesting. 10. He’ll enter the University in a year. He is a schoolboy now.
Exercise 4.Make up sentences in Future Simple (positive and negative forms).
1. Nick /pass/ the exam. 2. The student /have/ the lesson. 3. He /presents/ his papers to the teacher 4. The weather/ be nice tomorrow. 5. They /go/ to the country next Sunday. 6. I /help/ my friend in English. 7. The students /become/ specialists in five years. 8. We /listen to/ lecturer attentively. 9. I /be/ at home this evening. 10. We /have supper/ at 8 o’clock. 11. We /take/ some books in the library in a week.
Exercise 5. Tell about yourself. Use : I’ll be… I don’t know where I’ll be.
( tomorrow at 10 o’clock) … I’ll be at the lesson.
( one hour from now) …
( at midnight) …
( at 3 o’clock tomorrow afternoon) …
( two years from now) …
( in a week) …
( in a month) …
( in 5 years) …
( next summer) …
( at the weekend) …
1. Завтра мы встанем в семь часов утра. 2. Наши занятия будут длиться с девяти до трех. 3. Я буду много работать над математикой. 4. Мой друг сделает доклад на этом семинаре. 5. Cтуденты проведут вечер в клубе. 6. Завтра они посмотрят новый фильм. 7. Мой товарищ объяснит мне этот трудный материал после занятий. 8. Я поеду на юг летом. 9. Мы пойдут обедать в столовую после занятий завтра. 10. Моя подруга переведет это английское предложение. 11. Моя семья проведет выходные дни в деревне.
Exercise 7.Complete the sentences with I’lland a suitable verb.
to give (2), to wait, to write, to work, to be, to help, to pay, to buy, to show, to send, to get up.
Example: Tomorrow is Monday. I’ll have three lessons.
1. Tomorrow morning I’ll … early.
2. When I hear any news ….. ….. you a ring.
3. That’s an interesting TV program, …. ….. my report later.
4. I want to speak fluent English, so …. …. hard at it.
5. I have a lot of work to do. I think ….. … at work till 10 p.m.
6. That bag looks heavy. I … … you with it.
7. Thank you for giving me the money. I … … back on Friday.
8. This letter is for Nick. OK! I … … to him.
9. This camera is expensive. I don’t think I … … it.
10. How do you use this computer? I … … it.
11. Enjoy your holiday. I … … for you.
To be going to
-для обозначения запланированного действия или намерения что-либо сделать в будущем.
When I grow up, I’m going to be an officer.
-для выражения причинно-следственного действия.
It is going to rain.
Exercise 8.Translate into Russian.
1. He is going to be a student of Moscow State University.
2. We’re going to the cinema at weekend. What are you going to see?
3. It’s my birthday next week. I’m going to have a party on Saturday.
4. He is on duty. He is going to clean the blackboard.
5. My friend is going to take his exam in English in June.
6. We are going to have a good time at the party.
7. You look tired. Are you going to have a short rest?
8. I”ve taken some books from the library. I’m going to prepare for the seminar.
9. In the evening I am going to read fiction.
10. He bought a new car. He is going to travel about the country.
11. Tomorrow I’ll go to the Travel Agency. I’m going to fly to the USA.
Exercise 9. Choose the correct verb form.
1. These students work hard. They will/are going to become well-trained specialists.
2. They will/are going to have an English lesson next week.
3. My sister called me yesterday. She will/is going to stay with me for a week.
4. Nick’s birthday is on Sunday. – Is it? I will/am going to present him an interesting book.
5. Did you phone your parents? - No, I forgot. I will/am going to do it now.
6. Ann is back from holiday. – Is she? – I will/ going to give her a ring.
7. When you will/are going to meet next time?
8. Now, holidays. - Where will/are you going this year? – We don’t know yet.
9. My bag is so heavy. – Give it to me. I’ll/am going to carry it for you.
10. What are you doing tonight? – We will/are going to see a play at the theatre.
11. Congratulations! I hear you will/are going to get married.
Exercise 10.Use the correct tense form of the verbs.
Me days-off (to be) Saturday and Sunday. I never (to know) how (to spend) them. On Friday night when I (to go) to bed I think that I (to get up) very early on Saturday and I (to have) enough time to do a lot of things that I (not to do) during the week. I also (to plan) that on Saturday I (to have) a good rest. But Saturday (to come) and all my plans (to change). I usually set my alarm clock for 8 o’clock. I (to do) so last Saturday too, but never (to hear) it, I (to think) it (not to work). When I (to get up) it (to be) about 11. It (to take) me an hour to cook breakfast. After breakfast I (to decide) to go shopping because I looked into the refrigerator and (to see) that I (to have) no food for the next week. I (to come) back home only in the evening because Saturday (to be) not the most convenient day for shopping. I (to forget) it. Late in the evening I (to do) washing and cleaning, and (to watch) some TV programmes. I (to go) to bed at 1 o’clock. But before I (to fall) asleep I (to make) plans for Saturday. “I (to have) the whole day to myself tomorrow,” I (to think).
Learn the following words:
subjects - предметы
to train - обучать, готовить, тренировать
well-trained - хорошо подготовленный
to go in for spor t - заниматься спортом
to keep in good order содержать в порядке
a lecture hall - лекционный зал
a study-room - аудитория
a well-equipped хорошо-оборудованный
gyms=gymnasium - спортивный зал
to use opportunities - использовать возможности
to improve one’s knowledge - улучшать свое знание
to pay attention to - уделять внимание
Exercise 1. Translate the following words.
department: several departments, each department. There are some departments in our University.
to keep (kept): to keep silence, to keep in order. The student keep their classrooms in good order.
science: scientist, scientific, scientific society, scientific magazines, scientific literature . In the senior years the students join different scientific societies.
advice: to advise, to give advice. The librarian always gives me a good advice.
to go in for: go in for sports. What kind of sport does he go in for?
to vary: various, variation, various kinds of sport. Coaches train the sportsmen in various kinds of sport.
to use: to use the opportunities. Do you use all the opportunities to study well?
Exercise 2. Describe you classroom ( flat, house etc).