1. Denin, the raw material which is used to make the jeans, will be imported from several countries.
2. The first free elections for a democratic government have been held this year.
3. The contracts with the four largest kiwifruit cooperatives have already been signed and planting has begun.
4. Several foreign firms have been invited to present their new products to the board of the store.
5. Orders have also been cancelled as company’s subsidiaries are not responding quickly to customers’ needs.
6. Its latest collection was described by a famous fashion expert as boring, behind the times and with no appeal to a fashion-conscious buyer.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения.
1. Everyone in your audience should be at the same language level?
2. Could you please tell us what your job involves?
3. All travelers to the US have to be in possession of a visa.
4. You can’t visit the museum on Mondays as it is closed.
III. Перепишите предложения. В следующих предложениях найдите независимый причастный оборот. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. An increase in price of one percent resulting in an increase in supply of more than one percent, the supply is called elastic.
2. Ceiling prices being controlled by the government, goods may find their way to the black market.
3. In the next 25 years or so, the average age in the United States increasing, problems of the ages rather than young people will be of importance.
4. With a financial panic everyone wanting his money at the same time, the bank is unable to pay.
5. Cheques being accepted in payment of purchases, people feel that a bank account is as good as or even better than money in their pocket.
IV. Перепишите предложения. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на сослагательное наклонение.
1. If you memorise the introduction, you will be more confident when making a presentation.
2. If you use an overhead projector, you should remember to turn it off when you don’t need it.
3. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
4. If you look at the graph, you’ll see the bar’s actual sales compared with forecast sales.
V. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.