|What I know about my faculty||What I want to know about my faculty|
|1... 2... 3...||1... 2... 3...|
Find (consulting Internet, manuals or other sources) the answers for the following questions. (If you’ve already answered them in the table, then check your answerers). You can also find the facts you were interested in.
1) What is the name of the faculty?
2) What is the date of foundation of the faculty?
3) What are the most interesting and important facts in its history?
4) Who is the dean of the faculty?
5) What is the number of the students studying at the faculty?
6) How many departments does the faculty have? Name them.
7) What are the entrance exams?
8) What specialities can one choose entering the faculty? Which one have you chosen (are going to chose)?
9) What is the structure of the course? What sciences and how many years do you need to study for getting the degrees of Bachelor, Engineer, Master of Science?
10) How many years of foreign language study does the curriculum imply?
11) Does the faculty support the best students? In what way?
12) What postgraduate program is offered at the faculty?
Using all the found information about the faculty, prepare a presentation of your faculty and speciality. You can do it in groups, in pairs or individually.
Choose one of the following themes and write a composition (120-150 words).
1. Engineering investigates, creates, and improves.
2. My present study and my future profession.
3. The right person to the right job.
4. Famous people graduated from NSTU.
The 21st Century Engineer.
Read and study new words on the topic.
|current (adj)||[ˈkʌrənt]||современный, текущий|
|define (v) = determine (v)||[dɪˈfaın] [dɪˈtɜːmɪn]||определять|
|embrace (v)||[mˈbreıs]||объять, охватить|
|enable (v)||[ɪˈneıbl]||давать возможность, приспосабливать|
|handle (v)||[ˈhændl]||1) делать что-л. руками 2) управлять, регулировать|
|innovate (v)||[ˈınəveıt]||вводить новшество|
3.2 Read these international words and guess their meaning.
Match the adjectives in A with the definitions in B.
capable good at learning
flexible can think of new and interesting ideas
complex introducing new things, ideas, ways of doing
intelligent made up of many different parts
innovative having the ability necessary for smth.
imaginative can bend easily without breaking
cognitive letting to acquire knowledge