1) I (speak/speaks) English.
2) He (speak/speaks) Russian.
3) John (have/has) two brothers.
4) We (have/has) a new car.
5) My brothers (read/reads) English books.
6) I (am/is/are) very happy.
7) My mother (work/works) at school.
8) My parents (am/is/are) at home now.
9) The table (stand/stands) near the window.
10) His father (am/is/are) in London now.
Exercise 2. Замените подлежащее и произведите необходимые изменения в сказуемом. Обратите внимание на произношение окончания –s.
1) You watch TV too much. (The boy).
2) We realize the danger of doing it. (He).
3) The children usually go home after school. (The child).
4) We arrange everything for the New Year party. (Bill).
5) I always help them. (My mother).
6) They look very well. (Jane).
7) The rivers freeze in winter. (This river).
8) They often quarrel with parents. (My sister).
9) My parents read newspapers every morning. (My father).
10) I trust you. (Your teacher).
Exercise 3. Постройте предложения.
|I You He She We They Our friends My parents My roommate The passengers Young girls Her brother Old people Our teacher It||usually normally regularly occasionally sometimes at times often seldom hardly ever never frequently from time to time once a week twice a year always||go to a dance use their car gives us a lot of homework comes late for classes use the underground takes a shower get up very late buy tickets in advance go to the country makes mistakes in translation rains here on Sundays eat meat or fish for supper go to a restaurant write letters to us sends her flowers|
Exercise 4. Постройте предложения при помощи союзов but или and.
|My parents||to like coffee||not to like tea|
|My friend||to play the piano||not to play the guitar|
|He||to eat meat||not to eat fish|
|Her children||to watch detective films||not to watch cartoons|
|My mother||to read historical novels||not to read love stories|
|My son||to listen to rock-music||not to like pop-music|
|It||to rain||not to snow|
|Caroline||to speak English||not to speak German|
|Tom and Ted||to study at college||not to study at the University|
|I||to clean the floor with a vacuum-cleaner||not to sweep the floor|
Exercise 5. Дайте краткие и полные положительные и отрицательные ответы на вопросы.
1) Do you often quarrel with your parents?
2) Does your mother always understand you?
3) Are you a happy family?
4) Have you many friends at college?
5) Do you have breakfast every morning?
6) Does your friend trust you?
7) Is your mother proud of you?
8) Do you miss your sister?
9) Has your friend good relations with her mother-in-law?
10) Are you a faithful friend?
Exercise 6. Задайте вопросы к предложениям: