· My mother translates English texts very well.
· The pictures are on the wall.
· Usually my sister has 5 lessons at school.
· My parents often give me advice.
· Children have many new toys.
Exercise 7. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глагол в Present Indefinite.
1. I generally (to get up) at 8 o’clock.
2. My friend (to speak) English very well.
3. He (to be) always very busy. He (to work) much.
4. He (not to know) the answer to this question. You (to know)?
5. The train (to arrive) at 7 a.m.
6. She (not to get up) early. She (to like) to sleep. She (to be) a sleepy-head.
7. John (not to study). He (to work) in a laboratory.
8. You (to get) to the University by bus?
9. My brother (to have) a new car. He (to drive) it very fast.
10. How often you (to go) to the library?
11. When you (to go) to the University: in the morning or in the evening?
12. My daughter (to read) not very well. She (to be) little.
13. You (to play) football or basketball better?
14. The table (to stand) near the window.
15. The chairs (to stand) near the table.
Раздел 4. My Friends (Мои друзья).
Friendship - Дружба
a friend = a mate- друг, товарищ
a school mate- школьный друг
a class mate- одноклассник
a group mate- одногруппник
a close friend –близкий друг
faithful – верный
to get acquainted with smb. – познакомиться с кем-нибудь
to make friends with smb. – стать друзьями с кем-нибудь
to know smb. (each other) since 1995 (since the 10 th form, since childhood, …) – знать кого-нибудь (друг друга) с 1995 (с 10-го класса, с детства, …)
to have been friends for 8 years (for many years, for a long time, … ) – дружить 8 лет ( много лет, долгое время)
PROVERBS: A friend in need is a friend indeed. – Друг познаётся в беде.
Friendship is stronger than steel. –Дружба крепче, чем сталь.
One for all and all for one. – Один за всех, и все за одного.
Old friends and old wine are best. – Старый друг лучше новых двух.
They are rich that have friends. – Не имей сто рублей, а имей сто друзей.