- Nikolai Pirogov, a, great, Russian, is, scientist.
- was, he, in, born, on, Moscow, November 25, 1810.
- helped, his devotion to science, Pirogov, obstacles, to overcome; and in 1836, already, was, he, a, of surgery, professor.
- “There is, medicine, no, surgery, without, and surgery, no, anatomy, without!” was his motto.
- Pirogov, isolated, generalized, ideas, and, of the surgery, experience, of his days; and gave, a, foundation, it scientific.
- produced, Pirogov, complete, the first, exact, and, work, in the world, on anatomy, which, “Topographic Anatomy’, entitled, he.
- this Atlas, to train, generations, helped, several, of surgeons, and has not, his, lost, to this day, value.
- Pirogov wrote 24 major works and delivered 146 communications to scientific societies.
- This Russian scientist contributed greatly to the fields of biology, medicine, anatomy pathology, surgery.
- He was the first who divided the Achilles tendon, performed osteoplastic operations, operated on the intestines in cases of bullet wounds.
- Pirogov took part in wars where he helped lots of wounded.
- To save wounded limbs Pirogov arrived at the idea of the rigid plaster cast.
- The prominent surgeon was the initiator of the extensive use of anaesthesia during operations.
- Thanks to the discoveries made by Nikolai Pirogov, in the 19th century the real development in the field of surgery began.
Choose the right variant
1.Pirogov was …
a. a physiologist
b. a biologist
c. a surgeon
d. a lecturer
e. a scientist
2. … helped Pirogov to overcome obstacles.
c. devotion to science
3.Pirogov generalized …
a. all medical knowledge
b. major scientific works
c. experience of surgery
4.Pirogov produced the work on …
Ask the questions to the underlined words
- Pirogov wrote 24 major works.
- This Russian scientist contributed to biology, medicine, anatomy, surgery.
- He performed osteoplastic operations and operations on the intestines.
- He helped lots of wounded during the wars.
- The prominent surgeon used anaesthesia during operations.
Translate into English
- Наука требует преданности.
- Твоя сила воли поможет тебе преодолеть препятствия.
- Это выдающийся тренер. Он уже подготовил несколько поколений хороших спортсменов.
- В университетах существуют научные общества.
- Как ты пришел к этой идее?
- Где Сидоров? Он делает сейчас доклад для студенческого общества.
- Работы этого ученого имеют огромную ценность.
TOPIC 57. BOTKIN S.P.
Read the text