1) … is the study of an activity, a procedure, even an entire business, to determine what kind of computer system would make it more efficient.
2) … gathers and analyzes the data necessary to develop the new application.
3) “A project team” is a group of people who are assigned to analyze and … an information system.
4) An information system progresses through several … as it is developed, used, and finally retired.
5) The justification for a new information system usually emerges from a serious problem with the … system, a threat to the organization’s success, or an opportunity to improve an organization’s products or services through technology.
6) Computerized information system can become obsolete when the hardware is out of date, or when the software no longer meets the … of the business mission.
Read the sentences translating the Russian fragments into English.
1) Computers often provide ways to make businesses run more efficiently, and they can supply (своевременную) information that helps improve customer service.
2) The members of the project team can use a variety of techniques, such as interviews and data analysis, (чтобы распознать) problems and opportunities.
3) The system development life cycle (SDLC) is the (основа) for creating computer systems.
4) The systems analyst’s task is to (беседовать с) the people who will be using the system to determine their needs, problems, and expectations.
5) Data are a collection of facts – unorganized but able to be organized into (полезную информацию).
6) (План развития проекта) typically must be approved by the management before a project proceeds beyond the planning phase.
Answer the questions.
1) What data does a system analyst typically gather and analyze?
2) Does a system analyst analyze the problem to be solved, the data to be input, the expected output, and other system considerations? Why?
3) Why does a system analyst work closely with developers, and users, liaise extensively with clients?
4) Do you agree that a computer professional is any person whose primary occupation involves the design, configuration, analysis, development, modification, testing, or security of computer hardware or software? Why?
5) Do computer professionals work outside of Information Systems departments?