1. In the … phase, the project team must figure out how the new system will fulfill the requirements specified in the System Requirements Report.
2. … processing in a client/server or peer-to-peer environment is very popular because it provides high levels of processing power at a low cost.
3. Software … is the process of modifying a commercial application to an
4. The goal of … is to create very detailed specifications for the completed information system.
5. Software testing can reveal problems that result from … with the existing hardware or an incorrect installation of the software.
6. During the ... phase of the SDLC, the project team puts together the components for the new information system.
Read the sentences, translating the Russian fragments into English.
1. In the design phase, the project team (определяет различные решения) and then selects the one that offers the most benefits at the lowest cost.
2. (Настройка по техническим условиям заказчика может включать) modifying the user interface, enabling the mouse, selecting the menus.
3. Application development tools include (оболочки экспертных систем и системы управления базой данных).
4. The final phase of testing, in which users verify that the entire system works as specified, (называется приемочное тестирование).
5. (Без программы по преобразованию данных), users would be forced to manually reenter data from the old system into the new system.
6. (На этапе текущего обслуживания системы), security is a top priority, but operating system upgrades and software revisions also take place.
Answer the questions.
1. What happens during the implementation phase?
2. How can the team ensure that a new information system works?
3. What kinds of documentation does the project team create?
4. What happens to data from the old system?
5. What are the major maintenance activities for an information system?
Speak on the following topics.
1. What happens in the design phase?
2. The pros and cons of different software alternatives.
3. Implementation phase: development and testing.
4. How long does the maintenance phase last?
UNIT 6: DATABASES