1. Games Gordon Brown was ... Prime Minister of ... United Kingdom and Leader of ... Labour Party.
2. Brown became ... Prime Minister in ... June 2007, after ... Blair’s resignation.
3. Immediately before this he had served as ... Chancellor of ... Exchequer in ... Labour government from 1997 to 2007.
II. Вставте модальні дієслова may, must або need замість крапок.
1.... I take this book for a little while? — I am sorry, but I ... return it to the library at once.
2. Alex ... spend more time studying, but the other boy ... not: he has successfully passed the exam.
3. They ... come any time they like between ten and twelve in the morning, but they ... not come if they don’t want to.
III. Перепишіть наступні речення в минулому часі – Past Simple Tense.
1. On Monday we have five lessons. The first lesson is Russian.
2. At this lesson we write a dictation and do some exercises.
3. Nick goes to the blackboard.
IV. Перекладіть текст.
There is a long history of the promotion of education in England in schools, colleges and universities. England is home to the oldest existing schools in the English speaking world: The King's School, Canterbury and The King's School, Rochester, believed to be founded in the 6th and 7th century respectively. At least eight existing schools in England were founded in the first millennium. Sherborne School was granted a royal charter in 1550, but may have been the site of a school since the 8th century. Most of these ancient institutions are now fee-paying schools, however some state schools are also very old, most notably Beverley Grammar School founded in 700. The oldest surviving girls' school in England is Red Maids' School founded in 1634. The most famous schools in England are now fee-paying institutions, including Winchester College (founded 1382), Eton College (1440), St Paul's School (1509), Rugby School (1567) and Harrow School (1572).
V. Складіть 3 запитання до тексту (загальне, спеціальне та альтернативне).