І. Вставте артиклі , де це необхідно
1. He was raised with help from his ... grandfather, who served in ... army, and his ... grandmother, who worked her way up from ... typing pool to ... middle management at ... bank.
2. Obama is ... graduate of ... Columbia University and ... Harvard Law School, where he was ... president of the Harvard Law Review.
3. He was ... community organizer in ... Chicago before earning his ... law degree
II. Вставте модальні дієслова may, must або need замість крапок.
1. ... I take this book for a little while? — I am sorry, but I ... return it to the library at once.
2. Alex ... spend more time studying, but the other boy ... not: he has successfully passed the exam.
3. They ... come any time they like between ten and twelve in the morning, but they ... not come if they don’t want to.
III. Перепишіть наступні речення в минулому часі – Past Simple Tense.
1. They return home late at night, tired but happy.
2. His sister studies English every day.
3. She (to study) English two hours ago.
IV. Перекладіть текст.
Every year thousands of people travel from the Continent to Great Britain. Perhaps one day you will go there, too, with a friend, with your class or with your parents. Then you must decide how you want to get there. The quickest and, usually, most expensive way to travel to Britain is by plane.
London has got two main airports: Heathrow and Gatwick. Heathrow is the biggest airport in Europe and the busiest international airport in the world. In 1985 more than 31 million passengers used Heathrow. Tourists who fly to Britain on a charter flight usually land at Gatwick airport. From Heathrow you can get to Central London by Underground (it takes about 45 minutes). From Gatwick you can take a train to Victoria Station (it takes about 30 minutes).
It is cheaper for many people, especially families, to go to Britain by car or by train. That means that — until there is a tunnel — they must cross the Channel or the North Sea. You can leave from ports in France, Belgium, Holland or Germany.
V. Складіть 3 запитання до тексту (загальне, спеціальне та альтернативне).