0 1 2 3 4
D S P O D
0 1 2 3 4
Every day we read books at the lessons
Каждый день мы читаем книги на уроках
Члены предложения. Parts of the sentence.
Подлежащее Subject (S) The text-book is on the table.
Сказуемое Predicate (P) We speak English at the lesson.
Дополнения Objects (O) He often finds mistakes in translation
Определения Attributes (Attr) I am a good sportsman.
Обстоятельства Adverbial Modifiers (D) They go there every day.
(Способы его выражения).
Существительным The students study English. Студенты учат английский.
Прилагательным The newest is our model. Самая новая модель наша.
Местоимением He studies at Social-Economic Institute. Он учится в социально-экономическом институте.
Числительным Hundreds take part in this work. Тысячи принимают участие в этой работе.
Exercise 1. Find the Subject.
1. My father is a director of large company. 2. My nephew goes to school. 3. She will be a doctor. 3. I am a good sportsman. 4. The sick was taken to the hospital. 5. Fifteen divided by five is three. 6. Five and seven make twelve. 7. My brother left Moscow on business. 8. Exam on literature will be in two days. 10. The latest in the line is my friend. 11. Petrova N.K. is our teacher. 12. Fifteen are present and correct but three are absent. 13. The oldest in my family is my grandfather, but the youngest is me.
1.Простое сказуемое He studies(studied,will study) at the Moscow State University.
сказуемое They are students of this Institute.
сказуемое He must improve his English.
Exercise 2. Fill in the table:
|Простое сказуемое||Составн. именное сказ.||Составн. глагольное сказ.|
1. My brother will enter the Institute next year. 2. My sister and I went to the Bolshoy Theatre last Saturday. 3. My friends are students. 4. Our students can speak English. 5. We are a united family. 6.We want to become specialists. 7. Our uniform is green. 7. The students must be at the lesson in time. 8. The book must be returned to the library by November. 9. He began studying at the University two years ago. 10. Our aim is to study well.. 11. He feels bad.
Exercise 3. Underline the Subject and the Predicate in the following sentences.
1. We have the right to education. 2. This student knows English well. 3. M.V. Suvorov was outstanding general. 4. You’ll meet us in the library. 5. We must study social and economic subjects at the University. 6. My friend began studying English two years ago. 7. He has just got married. 8. When the teacher comes in, the students stand up. 9. This is an English text. 10 They asked me many questions. 11. My family is large. 12. My father graduated from Moscow University. 13.We began to study at the University two years ago. 14. I am a first-year student.
Exercise 4. Make up sentences minding the word order.
1.group, studies, student, this, in our; 2. now, am, at, I, the, lesson, English; 3. students, to, their, go, the, lesson; 4. many, teacher, asks, often, us, questions, our; 5 is, large, my, not, family; 6. read, at, we, English, the, lesson, texts; 7. the, serves, Far East, father, in, my; 8. exam, we, year, English, pass, every. 9. highly-educated, to become, I, a, specialist, want; 10. married, my, brother, not, younger, is; 11. studies, sister, at, my, by correspondence.
Формальные признаки существительного.
Артикль (The Article)определенный (the) и неопределенный (A,an).
The (this, these) a, an (one, any)
(известный, единственный в (любой, один из многих,
своем роде, знакомый) незнакомый)
thebook (именно эта) Abook (одна из многих)
Exercise 1. Match a line in A with a line in B and a line in C. (We use no articles when we talk about things in general)
Studentss are at the lesson
A B C
Servicemen like oil and petrol.
fall off their Motherland.
Parents is in trees.
Birds go full of vitamins.
Children live to school until they are 16.
Cars defend trees in autumn.
Fruit need their children.
Men make houses.
Exercise 2. Put on: a, the or nothing.
Mr. and Mrs. Smirnov have __ son and __ daughter. __daughter lives at __ home and __ son is __ student at __ University. Mr. Smirnov is __ journalist. He writes __ articles about war. __ mother is __ teacher. She teaches __ English.
Exercise 3. Put on: a, the or nothing.
1. Where are __ students? They are in __ class-room.
2. My brother is __ cadet. He comes __ home at weekends.
3. I have __ breakfast in __ bed __ Sundays.
4. She has __ flat in Moscow.
5. I go to __ University by bus.
6. __ students in our group aren’t lazy, they work hard.
7. What do you do in __ evening?
8. What time do you go to __ school?
9. We have __ dinner in messhall.
10. Her name’s Anna. She is __ doctor.
11. My sister is ___ teacher at school. She has three children, two girls and __ boy. __ girls are in her class at school, but __ boy isn’t old enough for school yet.