1. Where do you study?
2. What are you now?
3. When was Volga State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism established?
4. What subjects do you study?
5. How many students are there at the Academy?
6. What specialists do Academy prepare?
7. How do the students spend their free time?
8. What do you think is necessary to become a successful tourist manager?
9. Do you go in for sport?
10. Where can you read books, text-books and magazines?
Exercise 2. Give Russian equivalents.
1. heritage, 2. set, 3. coach, 4. rehabilitation, 5. complex, 6. facilities,
7. facilities for study, 8. athletic facilities, 9. existing, 10. artificial
Exercise 3. Give English equivalents.
1. набор, 2. тренер, 3. реабилитация, 4. событие, 5. благоприятные условия для учебы, 6. спортивные сооружения, 7. технические приспособления, 8. существующий, 9. договор, 10. несколько
Exercise 4. Match the following words and expressions from column A with those in column B.
1. coach a. событие
2. rehabilitation b. комплекс
3. event c. реабилитация
4. complex d. тренер
5. facilities e. возможности
Exercise 5. Translate the sentences from English into Russian.
1. The first set of students was held in 2011.
2. Volga State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism prepares physical education teachers, coaches of the sport schools, gymnastics instructors, sports managers, the organizers of mass physical culture and sports events.
3. The International Information Centre is a very modern and technically complex building with an area of about 52 thousand square meters.
4. On the initiative of the Volga State Academy of Sports and Tourism, all 14 athletic higher schools in Russia have signed a memorandum of cooperation.
5. The Academy actively practiced lectures by foreign experts.
6. There are 1702 students at the Academy.