1. How can you define a hotel?
2. What are two systems of categorising hotels?
3. What four categories are hotels divided into according to clientele served?
4. How is a hotel level marked according to its quality?
5. What makes the difference in quality between hotels?
III. Заполните пропуски предложенными словами и словосочетаниями
clientele commercial hotels convention recreational facilities
1. Travelling far from the homes people usually stay at … of different types.
2. A good hotel can have its own … who like to stay there every trip.
3. The company held its annual … renting a very comfortable resort hotel.
4. The holiday-makers take a chance to use all … of the seaside resort.
5. Most hotels and motels are categorised as … .
IV. Пользуясь содержанием текста, опровергните или подтвердите следующие утверждения
1. Commercial hotels provide accommodations only for those travelling on business.
2. A hotel of any category can have convention facilities.
3. At the bottom of the rating system you will find hotels of a special “deluxe” category.
4. In the top hotels more labour of the employees is used.
5. People required more comfort so motels disappeared.
TEXT 6. LODGING IN MOSCOW