1. What forced Nicholas II to agree to form a national Duma?
2. What happened at the beginning of the 20th century in Russia?
3. What do you know about the Duma?
4. How did the Bolsheviks come to power?
5. How did the country develop after the October revolution?
6. Who marked the beginning of new changes in Soviet society?
7. Who was the first president of Russia?
8. What are the branches of the Russian Government?
9. What is the main role of political parties in Russia?
Complete the following sentences.
1. (Студенческие беспорядки и крестьянские волнения) forced Nicholas II to agree to form a national Duma.
2. Nicholas II promised that no (законопроект) could become (законом) without the Duma’s (одобрения).
3. Between 1906 and 1917 several Dumas (были избраны и распущены).
4. In 1917 Romanov dynasty (была свергнута) and a democratic (временное правительство) was established.
5. The USSR (превратился в мировую державу) and played a major role in the (поражении) of Germany in World War II.
6. M. Gorbache’s (приход к власти) in 1985 (положил начало) of new changes in our country.
7. B. Yelsin (был избран голосованием) in June 1991.
8. The government consists of 3 branches (исполнительной, законодательной и судебной).
Find in the text and read information about.
a. October Manifesto of the Emperor Nicholas II
b. The Dumas in Russia
c. The coming of the Bolsheviks to power
d. The development of the country after the revolution
e. The coming of M. Gorbachev and B. Yelsin to power
f. The branches of the Russian government.
Give the short summery of the text.
Practice the pronunciation of the following words and word combination
|To produce different goods||research institute|
|To exhibit||scientific centre|
|Great scientist||without doubt|
|Traffic system||the most convenient means of transport|
|Art treasures||In the reign of|
|Artist||To fell under the yoke|
|Amid woods and marshes||to admire|
State a part of speech of following words.
Originally, fortress, prince, invaders, numerous, various, economy, educational, establishment, architectural, monument, suburb, contemporary.
Give 3 forms of the following verbs.
To grow, to build, to become, to see, to be, to fall.