1. What does the development of mass tourism industry depend on?
2. What is the difference between a tourist and an excursionist?
3. What are the purposes of travel?
4. How can tourism influence local economy of the country?
5. What problems does tourism result in?
III. Заполните пропуски предложенными словами и словосочетаниями
recreation stay in a hotel environment tourism accommodation
1. Nowadays … is one of the growing industries.
2. Many people travel for the purpose of … or pleasure.
3. People travelling on business use the same transportation or … as holiday tourists.
4. When tourists … or eat in a restaurant that money is recycled by local businesses.
5. At present a lot of hotels are built with concern for … .
IV. Пользуясь содержанием текста, опровергните или подтвердите следующие утверждения
1. The history of tourism began in the 19th century.
2. The growth rate of the world economy has exceeded the growth rate of tourism.
3. Tourism industry always involves travelling.
4. Many businessmen and government officials combine travel with their work.
5. Tourism results in only positive effects.
TEXT 4. REGULATION, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN TOURISM